Hello from Theo and two mystery men, the ninth and and tenth bonus dates for Coming Out on Top! (The dates are free if you’ve purchased the game.)
These dates are short, one-shot adventures with totally new dudes. Hope you get a kick out ’em!
How Do I Get The Update?
If you use Mac, please jump to MAC USERS below. Otherwise:
- BMT Customers, regular uncensored version: BMT sent you an email when you purchased the game. Use that email again to download the new version. Once you’ve downloaded it, you can unzip the new file and copy the resulting folder right over your old game.
- BMT Customers, censored Paypal/Amazon Version: BMT sent you an email when you purchased the game. Use that email again to download the new version. Once you’ve downloaded it, you can unzip the new file and copy the resulting folder right over your old game. Don’t forget to uncensor your copy by going to this page: https://obscurasoft.com/sexynon-sexy-illustration-pack/. Grab the sexy pack and follow the instructions.
- Itch.io Customers: Go to your itch download link to download the new version. Please note that due to the payment policies for itch.io, this will be a CENSORED version. To uncensor, go to this page: https://obscurasoft.com/sexynon-sexy-illustration-pack/. Grab the sexy pack and follow the instructions. Please use this contact form or the email address listed there if you have any issues with de-censoring the game.
NOTE FOR MAC USERS: Mac, unfortunately, no longer allows you to play games that are mixed with Windows and Linux files. If you don’t already have a link to the new Mac version, email me using the contact page with your BMT email address, and I’ll send you the link to the special Mac version.
How Do I Already Know If I Have the Update?
When you open your game, the top of your game window will be marked 1.5 (or later).
Where do I find the new men?
You can find them directly by going to “Bonus Dates” in the Main Menu.
Theo, the guy in the middle, is found on the menu.
To meet the brothers, you’ll need to pick the other circled option.
You can also find them during the main game if you go down the following path. Here’s how:
- agree to help Penny with her software projects
- don’t have anything else going on (no relationships–and that includes your fish!)
She’ll eventually ask you to help test Brofinder.
Tell Me More About these Bonus Dates!
These dates were based on votes and suggestions from our incredible Kickstarter forum members. You’ll just have to play them to find out more. Note you can also change minor parts of their appearance in the beard and body hair options.
Will My Old Saves Work?
Depending on when you first purchased the game, your saves might not work (you may get an error message or be booted back to the title screen.) Apologies for that–it’s been a result of updating the engine! Use TAB and all the skip options in the OPTIONS MENU to plow through speedily through the story from the beginning if you need to.
What If I Find A Bug?
Please use this contact form or the email address listed there, and tell me what operating system you’re using, as well as a description of the bug.
It’s been a long, crazy journey with COOT. I’d definitely like to keep adding stuff in the future (e.g., extra scenes, easter eggs, additional dates); it’ll depend on whether the game keeps selling to provide the means to do so.
In the meantime, I’ll be taking a short break before I decide which larger project to tackle next. You can follow this blog, or my Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook or Kickstarter page if you want to know what’s ahead!
P.S. Please spread the word if you’ve enjoyed the game. And as always, thank you for your love and support! You all have been so, so amazing.
May your life be filled with good endings. 🙂