All right people. Here we are.
The first gay dating sim/visual novel from Obscurasoft, Coming Out on Top follows college student Mark Matthews as he busts out of the closet and engages in all manner of adventure, all the while meeting a multitude of hot guys. Whether he does the right thing, wrong thing, stupid thing, or funny thing is up to you. Beard and body hair options available for all the guys. (You must be 18 and over to play.)
Go here to purchase the game.
Enter this discount code: CQPO002PR The game is $14.99 USD with the code.
Have fun. Lots of love. This code is good until December 31st.
Note: If you purchase Coming Out On Top, you will get access to:
- bug fixes, including a gallery
- a fun secret relationship route (ETA spring 2015)
- at least 7 more guys in the form of “Brofinder dates”, where Mark will go on a variety of fun dates with different dudes. The new boys will be revealed starting spring 2015.
- other cool additional content
This is all free DLC if you’ve bought the game, even at the discount price. :) And yes, I’m working on a Paypal vendor, so please bear with me! In addition, I’m moderating comments due to the numbers of people on the site. You’ll be able to comment but you may need to register. Sorry for the hassle. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SUPPORTING THIS GAME! <3
*NOTE ABOUT CONFIDENTIALITY AND PURCHASES:
The game will be a downloadable file for Windows/Mac/and Linux systems.
If you purchase this game with a credit card, the name of the game and the name Obscurasoft will NOT show up on your statement. The only thing that will show up is: “WWW.BMTMICRO-INFO.COM 910-792-9100 NC”. BMTMicro sells a LOT of all-ages indie games and aren’t typically known for being adult games sellers.
If you’re on the Pre-order List:
1. You’re going to be sent a unique code in a day or two, possibly ON the 10th.
2. This code will be good until 2015. (I think I told some of you until December 25th, but I’ve changed it to the 1st since you have busy lives and it’s the holiday season!) So you can purchase the game for the discounted price later if you want, as long as it’s before January 1st 2015.
3. I’ll be closing preorders shortly after the game is released.
4. I probably should have called it a “discount” instead of calling it a “pre-order”. My mistake.
When Will the Game Go Live?
Unless catastrophe strikes, I’ll upload the game 12/10/2014, Pacific Standard Time. I may be uploading it very late that night, just so you know. (Sorry, internationals. I still love you.)
1. A quick word here about pre-orders…the instructions haven’t been sent yet. They’ll be sent extremely close to the release date and I’ll make an announcement when I do. (And yes, pre-orders are still open.)
2. For those of you asking, the COOT forum is currently for Kickstarter backers only. I haven’t had the opportunity to open up a public forum for the game, but would like to if the demand is high enough.
3. Paypal isn’t an option for me because they, along with Amazon and Steam, don’t do adult content. Paypal is extremely iffy about adult stuff. I’d be thrilled to offer all three of these payment options if I could, but that’s entirely out of my hands. (In other words, it’s their preference, not mine. It’s difficult enough finding processors/vendors for this kind of content, I’m afraid!)
Quick FYI regarding pre-orders:
1. I won’t be sending out pre-order emails until we’re veeeeery close to the release date.
2. The pre-order price will be 15 USD (+tax). Otherwise the game will be $20 USD retail.
3. As much as I’d like to update the demo before I release the game, it will all depend on how much time I’ve got to set that up. Right now I’m 99% focused on editing, testing, and polishing the full game.
4. I’m using BMT Micro as the payment processor. They accept:
“almost all popular Credit / Debit Cards including Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Eurocard, American Express, Diner’s Club, Carte Blanche, Novus, JCB, Maestro, Switch/Solo and Optima.
“Instant Bank Transfer, Wire Transfer in Euros and Orders by Phone, FAX and Mail (Check).”
THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT. I WANT TO SMUSH ALL OF YOUR FACES AND MAKE KISSY NOISES LIKE THAT AUNT WHO REFERS TO BREASTS AS “BOSOMS”.
Apologies if you’ve been visiting this site frequently for updates! I’m basically staying away from my social media sites for the most part (apart from occasional tweets) since I’m racing against a deadline here.
And if you haven’t seen it already, Jamie at gaygamer.net, did a cool write-up of the latest build. It’s got a few (light) spoilers; you’ve been warned!
Thanks Jamie and gaygamer! Hope you enjoy the game in its final form.
And just another reminder, to save you the hassle of re-reading through the posts below:
Release date for the game: December 10th.
If you’ve signed up for the pre-order list, I’ll be emailing you instructions in the next few weeks!
Hey everyone, just letting you know the Kickstarter forum’s been looking over the new build. A lot of happy comments (whew!) with a number of bugs and minor issues I need to fix.
So there’s still a lot of work ahead, but I’m REALLY thrilled with all the feedback so far.
Release date for the game: December 10th.
If you’ve signed up for the pre-order list, I’ll be emailing you instructions between now and the end of November. (If you’ve been waiting for more pre-order updates from me, sorry I don’t send any! I don’t spam people or share your info with anyone, so when I email you, it’s only when it’s absolutely necessary! So expect that email in the next few months.)
And I’ll be announcing how to purchase the game as soon as I can. Will be checking out vendors in the upcoming weeks. :)
In the meantime, thanks for checking in!
BTW, the lastest Kickstarter updates are here.
TL;DR It’s coming along…
And it’s not mentioned in the update, but for non-backers there will most likely be one more updated demo, which will be available when the game’s released.
Really eager to get this finished. I’m looking forward to the add-ons! :)