Rewriting Scenes

18 Feb

Writing is the most difficult part of creating this game.

Today I was working on a scene and realized it required a rewrite.  Too much was going on, a character was introduced in a clunky way, and the conversation with the romantic interest was essentially an info dump.

If I felt like players could forgive a badly written scene or two, I’d probably leave it.

But I never assume they do.

So I’m rewriting the scene.  And others like it.

It’s one of several things I need to finish before I can release the game.

About these ads

11 Responses to “Rewriting Scenes”

1. hugo sanchez February 18, 2014 at 9:46 am #

Its totally cool, you care about your project like a baby and you want it to be the best project it can be.

• Obscura February 26, 2014 at 4:58 am #

Thank you hugo, I’m working hard to make this something special. :)

2. Neznem February 20, 2014 at 3:47 am #

I don’t mind waiting for a good game. Just know that you’ll never feel like it’s perfect and eventually you’ll have to release it. We trust you and can’t wait to play it. :)

• Obscura February 26, 2014 at 4:59 am #

Thank you Neznem! I don’t need it to be perfect, I just need to fix some of the parts I thought were subpar. I appreciate the comment.

3. Brandon McGill February 24, 2014 at 8:01 am #

I just know this is going to be amazing. Keep up the fine work.

• Obscura February 26, 2014 at 4:59 am #

Thank you Brandon! :)

4. Alex February 25, 2014 at 6:41 am #

I kind of uhm… am getting kind of impatient and starting to lose interest. I’m just saying this because I feel like everybody is like TAKE YOUR TIME, IT’S OK, but for those who don’t bother to comment, there are those percentages who are slowly losing interest, but maybe that’s just me.. =/

• Obscura February 26, 2014 at 5:00 am #

Thanks Alex, I appreciate the comment! I’m working as hard and as quickly as I can.

5. swidtter February 27, 2014 at 1:12 pm #

When I first found out about this game I was single and stoked to try it out and couldn’t wait for it. Now I am in a newish relationship and well let’s just say … I STILL can’t wait to date all those delicious guys and sink my teeth into them. But while I wait for Ian, my one true love to be available for purchase, I guess I will have to do with this sack of potatoes next to me. /sarcasm.

6. Suraj March 3, 2014 at 10:28 am #

I’m also lookn forward for the big release. Pls make it as early as possible. Try to brng it up during this summer…..
    All the very best. I hope it will be a grand success :)

7. art926 March 8, 2014 at 4:44 am #

Hope to see the game soon, the demo is so hot!
    I wonder… will there be a plot branch in what the main character can sleep with all the guys in game?… Like, after developing good relationships with all of them, or… maybe even a group sex? :D