Mark, Get Set

22 Nov

mark2

I always wonder what players name the main character.  Do they stick with Mark Matthews or give him an entirely new persona?

P.S. Updating all the sprites right at the moment.  Cleaning them up, fixing anatomical issues, etc.  *whew*

About these ads

12 Responses to “Mark, Get Set”

1. sftheory1 November 22, 2013 at 2:53 pm #

So hot. Mark looks great.

2. Adi November 22, 2013 at 3:14 pm #

You mean like “Cat Poop”?

But seriously, I as under the impression you were going to have voiced characters. How will the game be able to handle a flexible name if that is the case?

• Obscura November 22, 2013 at 9:48 pm #

Hi Adi. Sorry, no, there were never any plans to have voiced characters. It was a consideration during the Kickstarter campaign, but to have done so would mean extending the production time by quite a bit. Especially given how much dialogue is in the game. (It’s practically ALL dialogue!)

I’d want to put as much care in at possible: at least a year finding the right actors for a game that’s both heavily comedic and erotic. Depending on how successful the game is, I’d love to make it for a future version, but I’m afraid it’s not going to happen with this version.

3. RJ November 23, 2013 at 3:11 am #

Oh my goodness – that facial hair! And that body hair… And that body… And those clothes… I don’t care what his name is, that man is fine.

I usually name characters after myself, but I think it’d be a problem with this guy looking so damn hot.

4. Roth November 24, 2013 at 11:51 am #

Keep up with the good work! Can’t wait until it comes out =D

• Roth November 27, 2013 at 12:18 pm #

I find my name weird, because of that, I will leave the name as default. Haha.

5. Charsi Kashya November 24, 2013 at 8:55 pm #

If I played a gay guy’s love interest, I’d name myself Casey, I like that name. And Ryan, I’d love that name for my admirer.

6. Neznem November 26, 2013 at 10:52 pm #

I typically stick with the character’s given name. I only change names around or pick a name if it’s an RPG character I had a hand in building like from an MMO.

Also… that shot of Mark with the beard? I’ve never been so turned on by a drawing before. *fans self*. I so cannot wait to play this game!

Keep up the great work, we love you and love that you’re doing this. <3

7. anzboy November 27, 2013 at 9:14 pm #

I would probably have it be the default just because I’m too lazy to even type a name in a name and I don’t like using my own name for characters. If I had to though it would probably be a name like a common one like David or something you don’t hear too often like Pierce or Lance(If you had a dirty thought right there shame on you it is just a name not a dirty joke)

8. Roger November 29, 2013 at 11:46 pm #

I always name them me haha. I dunno I think it’s from years of playing RPG’s as a kid and ALWAYS naming the characters me and my friends haha. I also named the character in morenatsu me so I assume I will with this game too.

9. Neil December 30, 2013 at 1:14 am #

I always named him Stephen

10. Quin August 7, 2014 at 8:57 pm #

I named him Jett Aaronson. He looks like a Jett. Doesn’t act like one though.